The main advantage of LED lighting is that it uses less energy than any other lighting options currently available. LEDs, on average, are 80% efficient, meaning that 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light; the remaining 20% is lost to heat energy. Compare that to an incandescent bulb, which only operates at 5-10% efficiency, meaning 90-95% is lost as heat.
Translation, you're protecting the environment, saving energy, and saving money!
Protect the Environment
You are using less energy, therefore you are producing less green house gas emissions.
The long life of the bulbs means less trash, which means less landfill.
LEDs are 100% recyclable, containing no toxic metals, hazardous mercury or halogen gases.
LED fixtures use 50% less energy than CFL fixtures.
LED fixtures use 85% less energy than incandescent fixtures.
LED fixtures don't put off heat like other fixtures, which means less energy used for air conditioning.
LED fixtures generally pay for themselves in less than two years (they have a life span of 20+ years).
Return on investment can easily be 10 times the initial cost of the product.
Minimal maintenance and a long life means significant savings over the life time of the product.